Oatmeal Pancake Recipe
You would never know it but these delicious looking circles of heaven actually use cottage cheese as their base. Although “ technically” cottage cheese may not be found on the “clean eating” list, it is a great source of calcium, vitamin B12 and phosphorus. The added fibre from the oatmeal makes this delicious breakfast treat a great start to your day!
Tasty tip: Pure Vanilla Extract is a great natural sweetener and adds a lovely sweet taste to your pancakes. For those of you looking to stay on the safer side of natural sweetness, feel free to substitute vanilla extract for things such as almond extract and a sprinkle slivered almonds on your pancakes for some healthy added flavour.
|Ingredient||Amount (1 serving)||Scaled (4 servings)|
|Low-fat cottage cheese||1/2 cup||2 cups|
|Pure maple syrup||1 tbsp||4 tbsp|
|Pure vanilla extract||1/2 tsp||2 tsp|
|Ground cinnamon||1/2 tsp||2 tsp|
|Rolled oats||1/2 cup||2 cup|
Calories 185 / Calories from fat 26/ Total fat 2.9g / Saturated fats 1.0g / Trans fats 0.0g / Sodium 314mg / Carbs 23.5g / Sugar 6.8g / Protein 15.9g
- In your food processor and or using a bowl and hand mixer, or if you’re doing it the old fashioned way….metal bowl and a whisk lol.
- combine egg whites, cottage cheese, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon and mix until very well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add oatmeal and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a lightly cover cooking area in non stick cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake; do not over crowd.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes begin to bubble and then flip each pancake over.
- Cook for an additional minute until the pancakes are a beautiful shade of golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Now place and enjoy.
- *Great pairings for this delicious meal may include berries, melon and honey**